Guess what? It is Monday 11/8 and we are still in Federal Way. It's not for lack of trying. But luck is not with us currently. When I last wrote we had gotten our new Chevy 3500 duramax diesel and Mel was in the process of outfitting the truck with a new hitch and running boards. The truck was in the shop last Monday to get the do dads. When they went to drive the truck out of the service bay it would not start. This is a bit unnerving with a truck that had only 200 miles on it. The good part (if there is a good part) is that we were still at home and not out in Rupert, ID. The truck got towed to the dealership in Bellevue eventually. (With all the rain we had on Monday the tow trucks got stuck in mud). They then reported to us that the starter unit and fly wheel were broken. They had teeth missing. The dealer put out a call for parts and by Friday everything was installed but the starter. This truck is so new and the engine new that there we no parts yet available. They are going to have to get a starter from the assembly line and for that they need to go up the line to get authorization. As of today there was no word.
So here we are. I have been loading the RV by taking carloads of stuff over to it. I am still hoping to move by next Saturday but who knows. I have rejiggered my schedule to get to Kansas in 5 days, but that is not allowing for snow delays. In the meantime I work in the yard keeping up with the leaves, as weather allows, and wait.
Think good thoughts. We will let you know when we know something more.
Linda & Mel
What brand trailer is it that you are picking up in Kansas?
ReplyDeleteSorry about you troubles! Hope you are on the road soon.
ReplyDeleteDid our dog walk by your place this morning & noticed a large area of dry pavement in front of your house. Looks like you got the truck back & left this morning. Have a safe trip & I cross my fingers that the truck performs flawlessly. Byron & Diana & Harley
ReplyDelete